Top Social Stories Plugin and Widget Created by ginoplusio. This templates have specific characteristics, namely: “Top social stories” are your best posts, the most shared on social networks. This plugin gives you a social metrics tool to analyze and discover your most viral posts: you can see statistics about how many Facebook, Google+, Twitter, Pinterest, Linkedin and Vkontakte interactions you have every .
You can use this Top Social Stories Plugin and Widget on WordPress category for analytics, chart, facebook, google, google plus, likes, linkedin, metrics, Pinterest, shares, social, social metrics, stats, twitter, widget and another uses.
- Video preview resolution: None
- Software version: WordPress 4.6.1, WordPress 4.6, WordPress 4.5.x, WordPress 4.4.2, WordPress 4.4.1, WordPress 4.4, WordPress 4.3.1, WordPress 4.3, WordPress 4.2, WordPress 4.1, WordPress 4.0, WordPress 3.9, WordPress 3.8, WordPress 3.7, WordPress 3.6, WordPress 3.5, WordPress 3.4, WordPress 3.3, WordPress 3.2, WordPress 3.1, WordPress 3.0
- Compatible with: WP e-Commerce 3.8.x, WooCommerce 2.2.x, WooCommerce 2.1.x, WooCommerce 2.0.x, Jigoshop 1.9.x, Jigoshop 1.8.x, Jigoshop 1.7.x
- Compatible browsers: IE7, IE8, IE9, IE10, IE11, Firefox, Safari, Opera, Chrome, Edge
- High resolution: Yes
FACEBOOK PROBLEM: since 07/08/2016 Facebook no longer shows public counters but this plugin has a fix for it! Download the last version!
With this plugin you can easily track how many daily social interactions you have on these social networks: FACEBOOK, TWITTER, GOOGLE+, LINKEDIN, PINTEREST, VK
“Top social stories” are your best posts, the most shared on social networks. This plugin gives you a social metrics tool to analyze and discover your most viral posts: you can see statistics about how many Facebook, Google+, Twitter, Pinterest, Linkedin and Vkontakte interactions you have every day for each post, each author and globally for all your site.
Are you using social share buttons? You need this plugin!
If you use social plugins for sharing contents on Facebook, Google+ or Twitter or Pinterest or Linkedin or Vkontakte or if you use the Facebook comments under your WordPress blog posts, you should install this plugin, to save and monitor social interactions data. It’s time for social metrics!
This plugin collects social data (without slowing down your site!) and shows you which of your posts and authors are most popular based on how many times each post has been shared on various social networks.
Ranks for today and for a period
Top Social Stories Plugin grabs the total share count from Facebook (facebook like + share + comments), number of Google +1s and grabs the number of times your links are twitted on Twitter, pinned on Pinterest and liked on Linkedin and russian Vkontakte social, for each post of your blog every day.
Social metrics charts for every post and author
Export data to custom fields, widget and shortcodes
Data are saved in database and can be exported as custom fields linked to each post (which you can use in your theme to easily show social counters).
Social data, daily, are used to create ranks of your Top Social Stories and your Top Authors.These ranks can be added to your siderbars throught widgets and can be used inside posts with shortcodes (this allows you to create a “popular post page” with top authors and top posts for a specified period.
Watch some examples, demonstrsations:
The plugin and the widget have a lot of parameters to customize your ranks and get useful top stories and author lists as made on Smartweek.it and Dailybest.it.
- works also for custom post types
- easy to read stats on a period, with trends (which post is going viral, which is going down)
- daily stats with trends, and stats over a period
- save historical data for each post and draw line chart for social interactions both globally (all posts) and for each single post
- show authors rank for a period and for today, who is your best author?
- ranks for authors, both widget and shortcode
- customize the widget to show/hide total count number
- customize the widget to show/hide featured images
- customize the widget to force include of posts (if you have paid content to push)
- customize the widget to optionally add automatically a tag to posts that enter a rank
- export data to custom fields to show counters inside your theme with php! export both counters for posts and authors!
- multilingual ready, with italian, german and english translations, make your tranlations and send it to me to spread it globally
- email alerts for sending notice to authors when there posts pass a specific level of share
- you can choose the period of data to store in your database to keep the Top Stories table size small
october 2013 first release; v.1.0v.1.1 - Added support for Google+, small graphic improvements. Bug fixed: hide draft posts, fixed wrong count in authors count and minor fixes, support for custom post types. v.1.2 - Better support for custom post types. Small bug fixed (removed articles without likes from stats and ranks, addedd messages when empty ranks, and more...). New chart period navigation.v.1.4 - December 2013 - added support for Linkedin and Pinterest data, better UI interface for WordPress 3.8 metro style and minor fixes.v.1.5 - March 2014 - plot number of posts on the chart, sql fix, permalinks fix, removed facebook ping (not working properly), added a filter in the widget to show overall posts viral in a period.v.1.51 - March 2014 - Small bug fix.v.1.6 - May 2014 - Now you can use a new shortcode and a new widget to show ranks of powerful authors in the blog.v.1.61 - May 2014 - Added custom fields on authors to store the total social count of each authors.v.1.62 - October 2014 - Small bug fixes.v.1.63 - November 2014 - Better SQL performances and Unsigned fields bug fix.v.1.7 - November 2014 - Better SQL performances, Vkontakte support, Rank position in widget, Email alerts, Multilingual, Pie charts and montly global chart!v.1.72 - November 2014 - small fixes and German languagev.1.73 - November 2014 - spanish language and a better handle for ajax callsv.1.75 - March 2015 - Links fixed for installation of wordpress in a subdirv.1.77 - April 2015 - Esc url fix for add_query_argv.1.79 - November 2015 - Twitter counter no longer works. Counter updates only if number growing, moved js in footer for performances, minor fixesv.1.80 - November 2015 - Fixed twitter counters with OpenShareCountv.1.81 - March 2016 - A few bug fixedv.1.82 - August 2016 - Minor fixes and new Facebook settings panel for new Facebook API integrationv.1.83 - September 2016 - Database size handler to reduce table size and bug fixesv.1.84 - October 2016 - Changed permalinks in widgets